The alumni of the University of Helsinki in Berlin have organized themselves as a local Club. You are warmly welcome to participate!
The University of Helsinki Alumni Association, the Aalto University alumni department and the Finnish Institute in Germany cooperate in 2015-2016 by organizing the Berlin Alumni Club. The club meets regularly twice a year.
The Berlin Alumni Club aims to bring together the University of Helsinki, the Aalto University and their alumni who live and work in the greater Berlin area. All alumni can join the club.
The club organizes academic and non-formal programs, to share current information about the University of Helsinki and the Aalto University as well as carry out other self-imposed targets. The aim is to organize with a small organization, intellectually stimulating and invigorating activities twice a year.
Local Alumni Clubs are groups established by former students under the auspices of the University of Helsinki Alumni Association. Such clubs enable their members to participate in alumni activities no matter where in the world they live.
What do local Alumni Clubs offer?
- The presence of the University of Helsinki in your community
- The opportunity to network with other University alumni
- Networking opportunities with researchers and people in business in your area
- Events where you can meet top researchers in several fields from the University of Helsinki, in for instance climate change research and medicine
Who can participate in the Clubs?
Anyone who has been admitted to pursue a degree, has conducted research or has held a position or post at the University of Helsinki can participate in the alumni activities coordinated by the Alumni Association.
Examples of events organised by local Clubs
- Science and Practice: Researchers and alumni participate in a panel discussion on a topical issue approached from scientific and practical perspectives
- University of Helsinki Evenings: Club-led visits to local sports and cultural events
- Wine and beer tastings
- Networking lunches