FIMM High Throughput Biomedicine Unit
HTB unit provides services and expertise in:
– lab automation
– cell-based and biochemical high-throughput screening
– access to liquid handling instruments
– chemical and siRNA libraries
News and announcements:
- 15. February 2023 - Mark a date in your calendar: Drug Discovery and Chemical Biology Symposium on May 4, 2023 12:00-16:00 in Lecture hall 2, Biomedicum 1, Helsinki. Come to learn about chemical biology and compound (drug) screening opportunities available in Finland! Open to everybody. Register by April 15, 2023.
- 13. December 2022 - We would like to inform you that there will be some changes with HTB’s pricing for year 2023.
- Please note that all work hours used for project work by HTB personnel will be billed from the project. The prices in general will increase next year to compensate all the increasing costs of materials and maintenance contracts. We will inform you about the new prices later.
- We will stop providing FBS to users starting from the 1st of January 2023.
- Lastly, we would like to remind all BRAD and Phera users not to modify existing protocols that are not your own. If you need to modify a protocol, create/copy your own with your initials.
- 24. August 2022 - HTB start providing Mycoplasma contamination testing service for local researchers
- 17. May 2022 - HTB will be closed in July, weeks 27-30 (4.-29.7.2022). To secure the delivery before the summer break, please, make sure to order pre-drugged plates and compound aliquots in iLAB by the following dates:
- any new or modifed layouts by 4pm on Mon 6.6.
- re-prints of previously made layouts 4pm on Mon 13.6.
- aliquots by 4pm on Mon 27.6.
If you have any questions, you can reach the drugging team at fimm-htb-drugging (at) helsinki.fi
- since 23. August 2021 - use of iLAB is mandatory for all new service requests. Use of iLAB requires a one-time registration. Once you are registered, the system will enable you to place service requests, provide required approvals, and monitor progress. Please see below for more detailed instructions.
If you have general ideas, suggestions, needs, comments or problems when placing an order, you can send your feedback via email to fimm-htb-ilab (at) helsinki.fi . We will try our best to add, correct and modify the system so that it would be as user friendly and informative as possible.
- Equipment reservations are currently still done via Google Calendar. We plan to transfer this function to the iLAB booking calendar later.