Decentralized local food production and distribution enhances agrifood sustainability and food security. This creates new business opportunities for actors in the built environment.
Future food systems build on local urban farming, digital distribution services and nutrient cycling solutions, both within the city and in reciprocity with its rural surroundings. The concepts, technologies and business models for these activities will become the next wave of scalable global businesses in the food system transformation.
Come and learn how to be part of it – with whom and how. Join other companies, city representatives, researchers and other stakeholders working in the field!
On November 2, 2023, at 12.30-16.00
Maxine, 6th floor of Kamppi shopping centre, Urho Kekkosen katu 1, 00100 Helsinki.
Arrival instructions will be sent to registered attendees.
- 12.30 - 13.00: Arrival and badge pick-up
- 13.00 - 13.10: Project introduction by Laura Forsman (University of Helsinki)
- 13.10 - 13.25: Launch of the Business Opportunity Map 1.0 for built environment in the on-going transition towards local food systems by Nele Korhonen (Aalto University)
- 13.25 - 13.40: Pitches from on-going business development cases & startups developing new technologies in the field
- Vacuum Wood Tech
- Seulo Oy (inc. Kauppahalli24, Suppilog, Colligx)
- Yrjö and Hanna Foundation
- 13.40 - 14.00: Coffee break & time for setting up match-making meetings through Conversation Starter
- 14.00 - 14.20: Pitches continued
- 14.20 - 14.45: Short intros to project work packages and what Food SystemiCity programme offers to its participants:
- Business development co-creation, Laura Forsman (University of Helsinki)
- Mentoring, Mirva Lampinen (VTT)
- Piloting opportunities, Timo Nykopp (Metropolia)
- Sustainability assessment framework, Pasi Rikkonen (Luke)
- Instruction for match-making session, Tiia Pelkonen (Unicersity of Helsinki)
- 14.45 - 16.00: Match-making & finding partners for new business co-creation between real estate, tech startups, and other relevant sectors
Register by October 31st the latest!