To become a HELSUS Member, you must meet the requirements of one of the following application groups:
- HELSUS Member: For researches who have completed a Doctoral Dissertation and work with sustainability science related issues in the University of Helsinki.
- HELSUS Student Member: For PhD students working with sustainability science topics within the University of Helsinki.
WHY TO BECOME A HELSUS MEMBER?
As a HELSUS Member, you will:
- gain a double affiliation (e.g. Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science, Faculty of Science)
- be part of an interdisciplinary research community with vibrant new activities
- establish new contacts both nationally and internationally
- be eligible to apply for HELSUS fellowships and visitors’ program and seed funding (HELSUS members from the HELSUS faculties only)
HELSUS faculties 2018 are Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry and Faculty of Biological and Environmental Sciences.
HOW TO APPLY?
As a researcher, you must meet the following requirements:
CRITERIA FOR HELSUS MEMBERS
- A researcher with a doctoral degree, affiliated to University of Helsinki
- Research focuses on complex sustainability problems and/or sustainability transformation, and maybe connected one of the research areas of HELSUS (urban, Arctic, Global South, consumption and production, theory and methodology).
- Plans for future research directions towards sustainability science
- Evidence of past and ongoing research (published in peer-review articles)
CRITERIA FOR HELSUS STUDENT MEMBERS
- PhD Students in the field of sustainability science
The application form can be found online here. For HELSUS Member applicants (group 1), we ask you to attach a list of publications (max 3 pages) to the form. If you wish, you can save and continue the form on a later note. The next evaluation will be 02.05.2018. If you wish to take part in that round, please apply latest 25.04.2018 by filling in the application form.
HELSUS Membership applications will be evaluated four times a year by the HELSUS Steering Group with representatives from faculties of social science, arts and humanities, law, science, agriculture and forestry and biological and environmental sciences. The application form will be continuosly open and available online, except from April 25th to May 2nd during which the form will be temporarily closed.
THE VISION OF THE INSTITUTE
is to become a nationally leading and internationally highly acknowledged sustainability research and education centre that enables and empowers societies to transform towards sustainability.
If you wish to read more about HELSUS, its main objectives or research themes, please visit our website.
Thank you for applying!