Examples of currently on-going projects.
- Industrial research collaboration: Image-based screening of 3D cancer cell models
- Kallioniemi group/TEKES FiDiPro fellow project 2197/31/13, Next generation image analysis solutions – towards image-based diagnostics: Phenomics in precision medicine of solid tumors - image-based characterization and drug profiling of cancer patient-derived cells
- Data-analysis strategies for image-based cell profiling, Nature Methods 14(9), 2017.
- Advanced Cell Classifier: User-friendly machine-learning-based software for discovering phenotypes in high-content imaging data, Cell Systems 4(6), 2017.
- Comprehensive drug testing of patient-derived conditionally reprogrammed cells from castration-resistant prostate cancer, European Urology 71(3), 2017.
- Screening out irrelevant cell-based models of disease, Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 15(11), 2016.
- Combining high-content imaging and phenotypic classification analysis of senescence-associated beta-galactosidase staining to identify regulators of oncogene-induced senescence, ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies 14(7), 2016.
- Accurate morphology preserving segmentation of overlapping cells based on active contours, Scientific Reports 6:32412, 2016.