Teaching hospital requires that graduated interns have a license to work in Finland and are capable to communicate in Finnish with clients. If you fulfill these criteria, please see more information Careers at the University of Helsinki
1. Teaching hospital takes interns/trainees for the periods listed in the Information sheet for summer trainees.
2. Small animal and production animal clinics are available only for Finnish speaking students. Equine clinic has some places for English speaking students.
3. Prerequisites in clinical training: Students need to be at least at their fourth year of veterinary education and passed the preclinical and clinic preparation courses.
4. Apply for summer training by filling in an application for visiting student status according to guidelines. The deadline for applications is 15st of February.
5. Training at teaching hospital in unpaid. Therefore ask for a grant from other resources such as Nordplus or Erasmus + training grant (SMP) from your home university. Please note that minimum stay for Erasmus + trainees is two months.