The application periods for the English-language Bachelor’s Programme in Science at the University of Helsinki are 3 December 2018–11 January 2019 and 20 March–3 April 2019. The correct application period is determined by your previous degree. The applications will take place through a separate admissions process.
Application to an English-language bachelor’s programme
From autumn 2019 it will be possible to study at an English-language Bachelor’s Programme in Science at the University of Helsinki. Other bachelor’s programmes at the university are taught in Finnish and/or Swedish.
Information about all degree programmes offered by the University of Helsinki is available on Degree Finder.
You can apply to the University of Helsinki’s English-language bachelor’s programme in Studyinfo.fi service.
- Read the application instructions carefully.
- Complete the application carefully.
- The application process is a separate admissions process. This means that, if you wish, you can apply for a study place also in the national joint application process for higher education and you may be offered a study place both in the separate admissions process and the joint application process. However, you can only accept one study place.
- Once you have sent your application form, you will receive a confirmation email. Make sure that you have received the confirmation message within 24 hours of sending the application. Remember to include the required attachments to your Studyinfo application form or submit them otherwise in accordance with the instructions by the application deadline.
- An applicant who has not proven his or her eligibility cannot be admitted to the programme.
- You can access your application form and attachment requests related to it through the Studyinfo website by logging in to My Studyinfo.
- Submit the application well in advance – the application period ends at 15.00 Finnish time, which is when the application form in Studyinfo will close.
Applicants will be informed of the admissions process results by email to the address submitted on the application form. Admissions results are also available on the My Studyinfo service. The results for the first application period will be published by 12 April 2019 and for the second application period by 28 June 2019. The admissions letter will include information on how to accept the study place. The offered study place must be accepted no later than 8 July 2019.
Remember that, in addition to accepting the study place, you will also have to register as a student to the University.
The regulation on one study place per person applies to the joint application process, separate admissions process and application processes to programmes leading to postgraduate degrees (licentiate, doctor). You may accept only one right to pursue studies leading to a higher education degree starting the same term.
Do you have questions related to study opportunities offered by the University of Helsinki or applying to the University? Please contact Admission Services at the University of Helsinki.
If you want to review previous years’ statistics related to the admissions to the University of Helsinki, you will find them here. However, please take into account that the Bachelor’s Programme in Science is a new programme and the first admission process will take place in spring 2019.