A three-day ReNEW Research seminar and workshop at Aarhus University. Seminar is open to public on Wednesday 13 November and Thursday 14 November, followed by an internal workshop on Friday 15 November.
Registration and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday 13 Nov: Media, children and Christian cultural heritage (open)
12-13: Arrival and lunch
- Presentation of participants, introduction to workshop topic and aims (Elisabeth Tveito Johnsen and Kirstine Helboe Johansen)
14.00-17.30 Public media, Nordic childhood and Christian Cultural Heritage (coffee break halfway)
- Short presentation: Helle Strandgaard Jensen: Nordic Childhood, public media and the absence of religion (30+15)
- Short presentation: Sofia Sjö: Media as religious socialization agents in Nordic children’s lives (30+15)
- Short presentation: Television editor at DR (Ultra/Ramasjang): Reflections on religion and children, in particular Christmas, in Danish public service media (30+15)
- Discussion: Nordic media and childhood (45 min)
Thursday 14 Nov: Public school, Religion and Public discourse (open)
9.00-12.30: First session
- Short presentation: Elisabeth Tveito Johnsen and Kirstine Helboe Johansen: Pilot study in Norwegian public schools and in NRK (30+15)
- Short presentation: Marie von der Lippe and Sidsel Undheim: Ritualisations and demarcations of religion and non-religion in schools (30+15)
- Short presentation: Bernd Schröder: The relationship between schools and religious communities in religious education in schools (30+15)
- Discussion: Nordic school and religion (45)
13.30-15.30: Second session
- Short presentation: Pia Rose Böwadt: God in school – challenges and viewpoints (30+15)
- Short presentation: Viktor Aldrin: Religion and/or Democracy in schools: Why do political parties fear religion in contemporary Sweden? (30+15)
- Discussion: Nordic school and religion (30 min)
Friday 15 Nov: Internal workshop
See the full program in Aarhus University website.