Crystallography platform service applications
X-ray crystallography is the fastest and cheapest method for structural studies and overall the highest resolution method for structural studies of macromolecules, and the method of choice for samples smaller than 100-200 kDa and e.g. for low affinity macromolecular complexes.
- Structual studies of protein-protein complexes, enzyme mechanism, screening and inhibitor complex studies
- Structural studies of membrane proteins
- Pre-screening for stability and homogeneity and monodispersity of samples, inhibitor binding studies
- Determination of oligomeric state of complexes and composition of protein conjugate complexes (e.g. membrane protein detergent complex, proteoglycans etc)
- Micro-electron diffraction studies of microcrystalline samples (jointly with CryoEM unit)