HELSUS and KATI Members are researchers at the University of Helsinki and HELSUS partner organisations whose research profile fits into HELSUS research aims. HELSUS and KATI Members will gain an affiliation to HELSUS (double affiliation) and are eligible to apply to HELSUS Fellowship Programme. HELSUS Memberships can be applied starting from November 2017 via eform.
- gains a double affiliation (e.g. Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science, Faculty of Science)
- is a part of an interdisciplinary research community with vibrant new activities
- establishs new contacts both nationally and internationally
- is eligible to apply for HELSUS fellowships and visitors’ program (HELSUS members from the HELSUS faculties only)
- gains access to possible HELSUS research funding (HELSUS members from the HELSUS faculties only)
HELSUS memberships are available for researchers with a doctoral degree affiliated to the University of Helsinki. The research of HELSUS Members focuses on complex sustainability problems and/or sustainability transformation, and may be connected one of the research areas of HELSUS (Urban, Arctic, Global South, Consumption and Production, Theory and Methodology). The research of KATI Members focuses on the urban. HELSUS members have plans for future research directions towards sustainability science, as well as shown evidence of past and ongoing research (published in peer-review articles).
PhD Students in the field of sustainability science can apply for HELSUS STUDENT MEMBERSHIP.