Practical information on EARLI SIG1 Conference.
The 9th Biennial Conference of EARLI SIG 1: Assessment and Evaluation will take place at the Centre for Educational Assessment, Faculty of Educational Sciences at the University of Helsinki (Athena building)
Please make your hotel reservations as soon as you have decided to participate, as August in Helsinki is very busy. Please also note that these prices are only indicative.
Please, note! Cumulus Hotels are now parts of the Scandic Group!
- Budget price, very near the conference venue:
Vuorikatu 19, 00100 Helsinki
basic single room, starting at 90 €, standard room for two, starting at 150 €
Tel. +358 9 173 441
- Medium price, very near the conference venue:
HOTEL CUMULUS, KAISANIEMI is now Scandic Kaisaniemi!
Kaisaniemenkatu 7, 00100 Helsinki
standard room for one, starting at 126 €
standard room for two, starting at 139 €
Tel +358 200 48 107
HOTEL CUMULUS, HAKANIEMI is now Scandic Hakaniemi!
Siltasaarenkatu 14, 00530 Helsinki
standard room for one, starting at 164 €
standard room for two, starting at 177 €
Tel +358 200 48 108
HOTEL SCANDIC PAASI
Paasivuorenkatu 5 B
standard room for one, starting at 150 €
standard room for two, starting at 150 €
Tel. +358 9 231 1700
- High quality, very near:
HOTEL HILTON HELSINKI STRAND
John Stenbergin ranta 4, 00530 Helsinki
standard for two, starting at 200+€
Tel. +358 9 39351
- Budget price, 2,5 km to the conference venue, 1,3 km from the city centre:
Pohjoinen Hesperiankatu 23 A, 00260 Helsinki
basic room for one, starting at 100+€
Tel. +358 29 4124727
reservations: email@example.com or by phone +358 02941 24727, no reservations by the internet
Reservations from ” EARLI SIG 1 conference ” allotment at Töölö Towers 29.8.-31.8.201
• send your reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org
• inform guest name
• inform arrival and departure dates (check-in 15.00 on day of arrival, check-out 12.00 noon on day of departure)
• inform that you wish to make a reservation from the allotment “EARLI SIG 1 conference”
• allotment size is 15 single rooms
• reservations can be made until 29.7.2018 upon availability in the allotment, wait for confirmation
• room rate 105e/night including breakfast
• we require a credit card authorization (ask from email@example.com)
• rooms are for single occupancy, if larger room is needed please enquire by e-mail
If you need a room earlier or are staying longer we are happy to check the availability upon your needs.
Map no 1. The conference dinner is served at 20.30 on Wednesday, the opening day of the conference. The map shows how to get to the restaurant Sipuli, Kanavaranta 7.
Map no 2. The map guides you to the Helsinki city reception on Thursday at 19.00, Aleksanterinkatu 20
The floor plans of Athena-building, the conference venue, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor.
To use the public transport in Helsinki region, you need to buy a ticket/ tickets in R-kiosks or by using a ticket machine. You cannot buy tickets in trains, metro or trams. More information:
If you also want to visit museums and perhaps take a sight - seeing tour, you could consider buying a HELSINKI CARD. You can buy the Helsinki card in advance on the internet and collect it on arrival. If you upgrade your card to a Helsinki Card REGION, you can use the ticket also in airport trains. More info:
It is also possible to explore the city by bike: you can rent one or use city bikes shared-use bicycles that can be borrowed for a fee by anyone in central Helsinki, residents and visitors alike. More info: