The University strives to find the most talented and motivated people to recruit for tenure track positions. Our application process has been praised for its transparency, professional conduct and international outlook. All nominations are based on careful consideration by respected experts and external reviewers. We communicate openly with all candidates throughout the process.
Recruitment process overview
- Identification of potential candidates
- An open call
- Evaluation of the candidates by an independent appointment committee of typically five professors
- Shortlist of candidates
- External evaluation of candidates
- Interviews and possible pre-visits
- Evaluation of teaching skills
- Appointment committee and faculty propose a candidate
- Recruitment decision: The rector makes the decision based on a faculty proposal.
The overall process lasts five to ten months.