The areas of research with the ion beam analysis are the physical processes taking place in solid matter during and after irradiation of energetic ions.
These areas involve:
- Interaction and slowing-down of energetic ions in solids
- Ion irradiation induced effects on the structure of matter
- Interaction of defects, host atoms, and implanted atoms
- Diffusion and solubility of impurity atoms
- Production of new materials
- Analysis of ion-implanted and irradiated materials
Ion beam technology offers opportunities for research and technology of modifying various characteristics of metals, semiconductors, ceramics, plastics and organics, and of fabricating new materials from them.
Contact: Dr. Kenichiro Mizohata