With the objective to train highly qualified experts with the skills required for both professional careers in research and other positions of expertise, the courses offered to doctoral candidates at DSHealth cover scientific and academic topics as well as transferable skills and career planning.
Most courses require prior registration. Shortly after closing the course registration, course applicants will receive an e-mail concerning participation in the course. If the number of course applicants exceeds the number of available seats, the selection of course participants is typically based on:
- Status and affiliation of course applicants (1st priority: doctoral candidates of the organizing doctoral programme/Doctoral School in Health Sciences)
- Motivation for participating the course (stated in the course application form)
- Order of submission of the registration form
Please note that courses organized by DSHealth and the doctoral programmes are found on courses.heslinki.fi. The old course pages are not updated from December 1, 2017 onwards.
Decision of the DSHealth Board on August 22, 2016:
- If a doctoral candidate has 2 *no-shows* within 12 months in courses organized by DSHealth/doctoral programmes, (s)he is not entitled to DSHealth/doctoral programme travel grants in the next application round. Tracking of the *no-shows* will start on September 1, 2016.
- *no-show* = registered participants do not inform the organizers in time if they decide to skip the course/event they have signed up for