The identity, mission and the function of dental medicine are unique. This field of science includes wide variety of clinical and non-clinical academic fields of research. FINDOS offers an excellent working environment, where young dental researchers get all the necessary guidance and support to develop into the future’s academic dentists. The research groups of FINDOS have research laboratories on Meilahti and Viikki campuses.
Doctoral candidates have the opportunity to participate in an excellent research training program including basic and advanced courses offered locally, nationally and internationally. The course offerings include an extensive variety of practical training courses, seminar series and scientific symposia. Doctoral candidates also participate in courses in areas including transferable skills.
The main fields of the FINDOS doctoral programme are:
- Normal and disturbed dental, facial and skull development and its genetic regulation
- Controlled tissue generation and bioresorbing material
- Stomatognathion and its pathological conditions
- Oral Infections and their mechanisms
- Oral health care
- Cancer biology
- Oral implements of systemic diseases