The identity, mission and the function of dental medicine are unique. This field of science includes wide variety of clinical and non-clinical academic fields of research. FINDOS Helsinki offers an excellent working environment, where young dental researchers will get all the necessary guidance and support to develop into the future’s academic dentists.
The research groups of FINDOS Helsinki have research laboratories in Biomedicum Helsinki at the Meilahti campus and in the Institute of Biotechnology at the Viikki campus. FINDOS Helsinki offers excellent training, such as dental seminars, literature seminars and scientific (e.g. developmental biology) retreats.
The main fields of the FINDOS doctoral programme are:
- Normal and disturbed dental, facial and skull development and its genetic regulation
- Controlled tissue generation and bioresorbing material
- Stomatognathion and its pathological conditions
- Oral Infections and their mechanisms
- Oral health care
- Cancer biology
- Oral implements of systemic diseases