The University of Helsinki places within the top 100 universities in the world in 18 subjects, according to the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects by the international Shanghai Ranking.
Among the top ranked subjects at the University of Helsinki are Atmospheric Sciences (ranked 15th), Ecology (17), Remote Sensing (20), Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences (24), Agricultural Sciences (36), Dentistry & Oral Sciences (37) and Geography (42).
This release contains rankings of universities in 54 subjects across Natural Sciences, Engineering, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, and Social Sciences. In total, more than 4000 universities from 83 countries were ranked. Universities from the United States take 35 top positions. The university to hold most top positions is Harvard.
Criteria for the Shanghai Global Ranking of Academic Subjects include measures of research productivity, research quality, extent of international collaboration, research with top quality, and the highest academic recognitions.
The Shanghai Ranking is one of the most esteemed international university rankings. The Global Ranking of Academic Subjects is one of the lists produced by the Shanghai Ranking.
More information about the rankings by subject can be found in the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects list.
The University of Helsinki in the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2018
- Atmospheric Science 15
- Ecology 17
- Remote Sensing 20
- Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences 24
- Agricultural Sciences 36
- Dentistry & Oral Sciences 37
- Geography 42
- Biological Sciences 51–75
- Biotechnology 51–75
- Mathematics 51–75
- Public Health 51–75
- Sociology 51–75
- Veterinary Sciences 51–75
- Clinical Medicine 76–100
- Communication 76–100
- Environmental Science & Engineering 76–100
- Food Science & Technology 76–100
- Human Biological Sciences 76–100
- Biomedical Engineering 101–150
- Earth Sciences 101–150
- Education 101–150
- Law 101–150
- Oceanography 101–150
- Physics 101–150
- Psychology 101–150
- Medical Technology 151–200
- Political Sciences 151–200
- Public Administration 151–200
- Statistics 151–200
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering 201–300
- Instruments Science & Technology 201–300
- Computer Science & Engineering 201–300
- Chemistry 301–400
- Economics 301–400
- Materials Science & Engineering 401–500
- Energy Science & Engineering 401–500