Biocomplex provides purification technologies and expertise specializing in the ultracentrifugation techniques, monolithic chromatography and asymmetrical flow field-flow fractionation (AF4). Provided techniques can be used in different combinations to yield high quality samples in quantity. Biosafety level 1 and 2 organisms can be processed.
- Ultracentrifugation combined with swing-out and fixed-angle rotors of different capacities;
- Monolithic ion exchange chromatography;
- Asymmetrical flow field-flow fractionation (AF4);
- User training, assisted use of instruments, open access for trained users, specialist support and maintenance;
- Project planning;
- Full service packages on sample purification (including analysis of the quality and quantity);
- Collaborative projects
- Courses in biomolecular complex purification
The preparative ultracentrifugation service provides facilities for rate-zonal, equilibrium, flotation and differential centrifugation. It is equipped with a farm of ultracentrifuges as well as swing out and fixed angle rotors with different capacities. We also have instrumentation for gradient making and provide fractionation services. Superspeed centrifuges are available also for the users.
For chromatographic purification of macromolecular complexes, we provide monolithic technology (BiaSeparations) and asymmetrical flow field-flow fractionation (AF4).
CIM® monolithic columns can be utilized for purification of viruses, virus-like particles, nucleic acids, proteins and their complexes. We routinely have weak (DEAE) and strong (QA) anion exchange columns. Please ask for other column types. The benefits of CIM columns are the following:
- Large pore sizes enable entering and binding of large macromolecular complexes to the matrix;
- High flow rates enable fast separation;
- High yields and sample concentrations can be achieved.
AF4 provides size-based separation of sample components. It is applicable for separation of macromolecules, colloids as well as nano- and microparticles. Separation is done in liquid phase without stationary phase. The benefits of AF4 are the following:
- Gentle size-based separation in liquid phase;
- Large dynamic size range;
- Rapid analysis time;
- High yields