Important to know:
- Booking of the equipment before use is compulsory.
- Check our policy about reservations.
- Choose the temperature option for your reservation. Notice that it takes time to cool down or warm up the microscope, and that the system is unstable during this time. If you want to make a reservation with different temperature than the previous or next reservation, the reservation system will enforce a sufficient cool down / warm up period between the reservations. If you have a good reason you can ask us to make a reservation in the period when the system is still unstable.
- Choose the lasers you will be using. This is important in order to let the previous user know which lasers can be shut down to extend their life time. For some equipment it is possible to make reservations with 'no laser' -option.
- Remember to check out our usage fees.
About the previous Booked reservation system
The old reservation system is still available here: https://lmu-reservations.biocenter.helsinki.fi/Web/, but all instruments have already been migrated to Open IRIS.
The Reservation system can be accessed from outside of the University of Helsinki by using VPN connection. Helpdesk info about remote connections. You can use VPN portal as a proxy server by typing the address of the reservation system to the address field and press 'Browse'.
To make reservations you need an account at University of Helsinki, you have to have a valid LMU user access form and you have to have a training for most of the equipment. If you don't have an account at University of Helsinki, you have to ask LMU staff to make reservations for you. We arrange trainings after we have accepted your user form.
For new users we require an appointment before we accept the form. Contact LMU to make an appointment. The access to LMU facilities can be added to your electronic key after your form is accepted.
- Some instructions for the Booked reservation system.