How to get started
- How to apply as an exchange student
- How to apply as a visiting student (free movers)
- Information for new students
- Additional information for new students coming to the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
Courses taught in English for exchange students 2017-2018
The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry offers courses in English for exchange students. These courses can be found in weboodi course catalogue. Exchange students should use the information provided on that catalogue when applying and filling in the Learning Agreement.
Additionally, the following departments have listed their courses available for exchange students:
- Agricultural Sciences pdf (2017-2018)
- Department of Economics and Management pdf (2017-2018)
- Department of Forest Sciences pdf (2018-2019)
- Food and Environmental Sciences pdf (2017-2018)
You can also search for and view information on the above mentioned courses at the Search for courses website without logging in.
- Your learning agreement is a preliminary plan for your studies in Helsinki, but it is not a registration for any courses nor a guarantee that you are accepted to those courses.
- Learning agreement will be checked only after the faculty has received all application documents. Unfortunately we are not able to comment learning agreements during the application period.
- As most of our courses in English are advanced level courses (MSc level), they might also have certain prerequisites, i.e. your previous studies need to provide relevant background for successful completion of the courses. The prerequisites are marked in the course description under “Preceding studies” or “Relations to other study units”. Kindly check the details in Course search. You are responsible for checking the prerequisites.
- We advise you to choose courses of your own field of study.
- Some courses (especially practical courses and laboratory courses) have a limited number of places and in these cases the degree students of the faculty have the priority.
- Changes to your learning agreement can be made throughout the academic year.
- English language courses offered by the Language Services are not open for exchange students.
- Tandem Language Courses (ALICE) is popular among exchange students.
- Faculty cannot guarantee that courses organized by other faculties are available for exchange students of the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry.