- An English-language application written by the applicant, indicating:
- The field of the prospective nomination
- The title of the applicant's demonstration of teaching skills in the field of the prospective nomination
- An applicant from outside Finland must also present a copy of his/her passport
2. An English-language CV and a certificate of language skills (copies of certificates attesting to the applicant’s skills in the Finnish and Swedish languages must accompany the application) as well as a brief English-language report of the following:
- Research and scientific activities
- Involvement in administrative duties
- Other activities which the applicant wishes to bring to the Faculty’s attention
3. description of teaching qualifications pdf or, alternatively, an academic portfolio containing the above documents (sections 2-3)
4. A numbered list of publications. The listed publications should be classified as follows:
a) Articles in international scientific journals with referee practice
b) Articles in international scientific compilation works and international scientific conference proceedings with referee practice
c) Articles in Finnish scientific journals with referee practice
d) Articles in Finnish scientific compilation works and Finnish scientific conference proceedings with referee practice
e) Scientific monographs
f) Other scientific publications, such as articles in scientific non-refereed journals and publications in university and institute series. In addition, other publications (textbooks, articles popularising science, etc.), patents, computer programs, presentations, visiting lectures, radio and TV programmes, etc., may be listed separately. In the case of unpublished manuscripts, the applicant shall specify the stage of the publishing process at the time of the closing of the applications.
5. those works (original copy/offprint/photocopy) contained in the list of publications with which the applicant wishes to demonstrate his or her competence in the field of the docentship. If these publications contain coauthored publications, the applicant must provide an account of the division of labour between the authors.
The Faculty requests that prospective applicants for a docentship first consult with a relevant department head or discipline coordinator before submitting an application. All application documents must be submitted in three copies to the Faculty of the Agriculture and Forestry, Latokartanonkaari 7 (P.O. Box 27), 00014 University of Helsinki.