Quality, visibility and cooperation are the themes visible in all of the Faculty’s functions. Faculty of Arts is on the cutting edge of its field in international comparison, but we can do more to capitalize on our strengths in recruitment. The goal is to attract the best students and international researchers to work in a top class research and and studying environment.
Faculty of Arts
- produces nationally significant and internationally high-level research on languages, arts, cultures, history, philosophy and gender and area studies
- provides high-quality, research-based teaching on undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels
- offers minor subject studies for students from other faculties
- educates competent researchers capable of broadminded, critical thinking, knowledgeable teachers for schools and academic institutions, and other experts to work e.g. in libraries, media, art and cultural institutions, national and international organisations and in the business world
- fulfils its own part in the university’s broader mission of advancement of education
Reliability, interaction and mutual benefit and commitment define the faculty’s cooperation with its interest groups. Contentment, image and the adequate, steady quality of the services offered are central elements to cultivating commitment and generating long-time cooperation.
All operations at the Faculty of Arts are guided by the faculty target programme and put to practice with the help of various implementation plans.