Contact information

The Fac­ulty of Arts Stu­dent Services, Doc­toral Stu­dent Services and Faculty Management.
Stu­dent Services

If you need information on applying for degree studies or applying to the Open University, please consult the Admissions Services of the University of Helsinki.

Faculty-specific advising for students of the Fac­ulty of Arts offers Metsätalo Student Services.

Doc­toral Stu­dent Services

Are you interested in applying for PhD studies? Due to the large volume of inquiries, we cannot answer individual email queries on applying for doctoral studies. Instead, we ask you to fill in a background query for those interested in doctoral studies at the Faculty of Arts. We will answers questions submitted using the background query form as soon as possible, but within a month at the latest (sooner during and near application periods).


  • doctoral admissions
  • study counselling for doctoral researchers
  • the examination process of doctoral theses / Licentiate theses and graduation
Teacher and researcher exchange

The University of Helsinki has exchange agreements for teachers and researchers both in Europe and outside it. The exchange agreements allow the mobility of teachers and researchers who are employed by the University of Helsinki.

You can contact International Exchange Services and Education Cooperation ( for more information on teacher and researcher exchange.

See more information on teacher and researcher exchange

Heads of Departments