The University of Helsinki offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies with teaching in English. Find out more about our Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral programmes and when to apply. More details on how to apply can be found behind the links. In addition to the degree programmes, we also offer other ways to complete university-level studies and courses.
Do you want to keep updated about the admissions at the University of Helsinki? Sign up for our Admissions Newsletter.
- The next application period for our International Master's Programmes is from 1 Dec 2020 to 15 Jan 2021 (for studies starting in autumn 2021).
- For the Bachelor's Programme in Science, the application periods for studies starting in autumn 2021 are on 1 Dec 2020 – 15 Jan 2021 (Admission group 1) and 17–31 March 2021 (Admission group 2).
- For our doctoral programmes, the next application periods are on 2–16 Feb 2021 and 1–15 Apr 2021 (only some doctoral programmes).
- If you are considering a student exchange at the University of Helsinki, you can find the application periods in the Instructions for students - For exchange and visiting students.
- For information about our Bachelor's and Master's programmes with teaching in Finnish and/or Swedish, check out our degree finder in Finnish (Etsi koulutusohjelmia) or Swedish (Sök utbildningar).