University of Helsinki offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies with teaching in English. Find out more about our Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral programmes and when to apply. More details on how to apply can be found behind the links. In addition to the degree programmes, we also offer other ways to complete university-level studies and courses.
Do you want to keep updated about the admissions at the University of Helsinki? Sign up for our Admissions Newsletter.
- For the English-language Bachelor's Programme in Science, all applications for studies starting in autumn 2020 have closed. The next application periods for studies starting in autumn 2021 are on 1 Dec 2020 – 15 Jan 2021 (Admission group 1) and 17–31 March 2021 (Admission group 2).
- The next application period for our International Master's Programmes is from 1 Dec 2020 to 15 Jan 2021 (for studies starting in autumn 2021).
- For our doctoral programmes, the next application periods are on 1–15 April 2020 (only some doctoral programmes) and 20–31 July 2020 (only graduates of the University of Helsinki, only some doctoral programmes).
- The joint application to the Bachelor's and Master's Programmes in Finnish and Swedish starting in autumn 2020 closed on 1 April. Thank you to all applicants!
- If you are considering a student exchange at the University of Helsinki, you can find the application periods in the Instructions for students - For exchange and visiting students.