University of Helsinki offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies with teaching in English. Find out more about our Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral programmes and when to apply. More details on how to apply can be found behind the links. In addition to the degree programmes, we also offer other ways to complete university-level studies and courses.
Do you want to keep updated about the admissions at the University of Helsinki? Sign up for our Admissions Newsletter.
- For the English-language Bachelor's Programme in Science, the application period for Admission group 2 (based on the grades of the Finnish matriculation examination, RP- or DIA-examination administered in Finland, or IB- or EB-diploma) is from 18 March 2020 to 1 April 2020 (for studies starting in autumn 2020). For the Admission group 1 (based on SAT tests), the next application period is from 1 Dec 2020 to 15 Jan 2021 (for studies starting in autumn 2021).
- The next application period for our International Master's Programmes is from 1 Dec 2020 to 15 Jan 2021 (for studies starting in autumn 2021).
- The next Helsinki Summer School takes place on 4–20 August 2020. The applications are open until 15 June 2020.
- For our doctoral programmes, the next application periods are on 4–18 Feb 2020 and 1–15 April 2020.
- The next application period for the Pedagogical Studies in English (STEP Programme) is on 10 Feb 2020 - 6 March 2020.
- The joint application to the Bachelor's and Master's Programmes in Finnish and Swedish takes place from 18 March 2020 to 1 April 2020.
- If you are considering a student exchange at the University of Helsinki, you can find the application periods in the Instructions for students - For exchange and visiting students.