The University of Helsinki offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies with teaching in English. Find out more about our Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral programmes and when to apply. More details on how to apply can be found behind the links. In addition to the degree programmes, we also offer other ways to complete university-level studies and courses.
Do you want to keep updated about the admissions at the University of Helsinki? Sign up for our Admissions Newsletter.
- For the English-language Bachelor's Programme in Science, the application period for Admission group 2 (based on the grades of the Finnish matriculation examination, RP- or DIA-examination administered in Finland, or IB- or EB-diploma) is from 17–31 March 2021 (for studies starting in autumn 2020).
- The next application period for our International Master's Programmes will start at the end of 2021 (for studies starting in autumn 2022). To keep updated about the application dates, subscribe to our Admissions Newsletter.
- For our doctoral programmes, the next application periods are on 2–16 Feb 2021 and 1–15 Apr 2021 (only some doctoral programmes).
- If you are considering a student exchange at the University of Helsinki, you can find the application periods in the Instructions for students - For exchange and visiting students.
- For information about our Bachelor's and Master's programmes with teaching in Finnish and/or Swedish, check out our degree finder in Finnish (Etsi koulutusohjelmia) or Swedish (Sök utbildningar). The next joint application takes place on 17–31 March 2021.