University of Helsinki offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies with teaching in English. Find out more about our Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral programmes and when to apply. More details on how to apply can be found behind the links. In addition to the degree programmes, we also offer other ways to complete university-level studies and courses.
Do you want to keep updated about the admissions at the University of Helsinki? Sign up for our Admissions Newsletter.
- You can apply to the International Master's Programmes from 3 Dec 2019 at 8:00 UTC+2 to 10 Jan 2020 at 15:00 UTC+2 (for studies starting in autumn 2020).
- For the English-language Bachelor's Programme in Science, the admission is based on the grades of the Finnish matriculation examination, RP- or DIA-examination administered in Finland, or IB- or EB-examination. If you do not have any of the mentioned degrees, your admission is based on SAT subject test results in mathematics 2 and either physics or chemistry. The applicants in the admission group 1 (SAT subject tests) can apply from 3 Dec 2019 at 8:00 UTC+2 to 10 Jan 2020 at 15:00 UTC+2. For others, the next application period will be from 18 March 2020 to 1 April 2020.
- For our doctoral programmes, the next application periods are on 4–18 Feb 2020 and 1–15 April 2020.
- The next application period for the Pedagogical Studies in English (STEP Programme) is on 10 Feb 2020 - 6 March 2020.
- The joint application to the Bachelor's and Master's Programmes in Finnish and Swedish takes place from 18 March 2020 to 1 April 2020.
- If you are considering a student exchange at the University of Helsinki, you can find the application periods in the Instructions for students - For exchange and visiting students.
- The next Helsinki Summer School takes place on 4–20 August 2020. The applications will open in December 2019.