- regulation of plant development and differentiation of tissues and organs
- crop yield and breeding of cultivated plants
- stress responses
- evolution, ecology, genetics, genomics and biotechnology of plants and fungi
Viikki Plant Science Centre is a virtual, internationally recognised community of plant researchers based on the Viikki campus. It includes plant researchers working in different units and faculties within the campus. Its purpose is to advance and expedite cooperation in high-standard teaching and research. As a student you will be part of the ViPS community through the courses, seminars, apprenticeships and degree work offered by the Master’s Programme in Integrative Plant Sciences.
Helsinki Institute of Life Science (HiLIFE) is a new life science institute enhancing high quality research, and integrating life science strengths across the campuses. One of the seven themes in HiLIFE is Growth from Plants. The researchers of the Master's Programme in Integrative Plant Sciences are actively participating in HiLIFE actions to enhance top research.
There are several infrastructures and core facilities associated with the research in Integrative Plant Sciences:
- National Plant Phenotyping Infrastructure (NAPPI)
- Viikki Plant Growth Facilities (ViGoR)
- Biodiversity Collections
- Viikki Metabolomics Unit (ViMu)
- Genome Analysis
- Stations for measuring ecosystem-atmosphere relations (SMEAR)
- Herbarium digitization line in the Finnish Museum of Natural History at UH
- Research Stations