Warm welcome to the University of Helsinki. We are a motivating, multicultural community uniting more than 40,000 students, researchers and staff. University provides support for internationally recruited staff members and their family. Relocation advise, orientation, trainings and various other activities are provided to all staff to facilitate a smooth entry into the University of Helsinki community.
Please go thru the information materials provided below. The content is designed to guide you thru the relocation process independently. The materials include general guidelines of official matters you need to undertake when arriving to Finland. Also you'll find contact details for the local authorities taking care of the matters in question.
- Uni Arrival Advisor
- Arrival Guide for International Staff
- Flamma Intranet
- Unihome for short term accommodation
A University of Helsinki facility offering entry level housing for researchers
- Unibuddy - sign in for the programme and find your UniBuddy who helps you to settle into Finland and the University of Helsinki.
- This is Your University - induction for new staff -event will give you an overview of the University as an employer and as a community. In addition to the social side of the event, you’ll be able to ask questions from professionals topics such as basic employment issues and occupational healthcare, services, how to be active at the University community and relocation issues. The event is a part of the University of Helsinki orientation and it is provided twice per year. The Co-ordinator of your unit will sign you in.
- Finnish Working Culture is recommended orientation training for new international staff. A one-day training course offering a general introduction to Finnish society and working culture, its features and curiosities. The training session is provided twice per year.
Finnish for Foreigners courses are highly recommended to join as a part of orientation. University provides Finnish Language courses for employees. Here you find some self-learning material and an introduction to Finnish language.
Working at the University of Helsinki - here you'll find information about University as an employer, accommodation opportunities and much more.
More information on matters related to arriving in Finland and settling in is available from your recruiting unit and on-site staff services.