School Pedagogy includes studies on education and teaching especially in the context of schools. The research includes topics such as
- the teacher’s role and pedagogical content knowledge
- curriculum and planning of teaching
- diverse learners and various pedagogical approaches
- purpose in teaching and learning
- pedagogical wellbeing in schools
Research deals with the totality of teaching-studying-learning process that can be examined from different points of views. For example, teaching can be seen as moral activity in which case the values and ethics in teaching become central in research. Different ways to study interaction in classrooms and the evaluation of teaching and learning are also important areas of research in school pedagogy.
School pedagogy is a part of Faculty of Educational Sciences's expert group: Learning, Culture and Intervension (LECI).
Facalty of Educational Sciences
Siltavuorenpenger 5 (P.O Box 9)
00014 University of Helsinki
Tel. +358 9 1911
fax +358 9 191 29611