luigi.acerbi [at] helsinki.fi | Google Scholar | Twitter | Personal page
Assistant Professor, University of Helsinki, Finland
Department of Computer Science | Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence (FCAI)
Luigi Acerbi leads the Machine and Human Intelligence group at the University of Helsinki. Before that, he was a postdoctoral researcher in computational neuroscience and machine learning at New York University (NY, USA) with Wei Ji Ma and at the University of Geneva (Switzerland) with Alexandre Pouget. He obtained his PhD from the University of Edinburgh (UK) as part of the Doctoral Training Center in Neuroinformatics and Computational Neuroscience, working with Sethu Vijayakumar and Daniel Wolpert. He spent several months of his PhD at the Computational and Biological Learning Lab in Cambridge (UK). Before that, he studied theoretical physics and computer science at the University of Milan-Bicocca (Italy). He is an affiliate member of the International Brain Laboratory, a member of ELLIS (European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems), and an off-site visiting scholar at New York University. He enjoys boardgames and speculative fiction.
name.surname [at] helsinki.fi
Machine Learning Engineer
We are hiring a research assistant for the role of machine learning engineer — this could be you!
Please find more information here.
- Wei Ji Ma (Center for Neural Science & Department of Psychology, NYU)
- Alexandre Pouget (Department of Neuroscience, University of Geneva)
- Bas van Opheusden (Department of Psychology, Princeton University)
- Aspen H. Yoo (Department of Psychology, UC Berkeley)
- International Brain Laboratory
- Nisheet Patel (Department of Neuroscience, University of Geneva)
- Berk Gerçek (Department of Neuroscience, University of Geneva)
- Xiang Li (Department of Psychology, NYU)
- Yanli Zhou (Center for Data Science, NYU)
- Michael S. Landy (Department of Psychology, NYU)
- Dora E. Angelaki (Center for Neural Science, NYU; formerly at Baylor College of Medicine)
- Daniel M. Wolpert (Zuckerman Institute, Columbia University)
- Sethu Vijayakumar (School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh)
- Kalpana Dokka (formerly at Baylor College of Medicine)
- Elyse H. Norton (formerly at Department of Psychology, NYU)