The academic subjects of the Doctoral Programme in Particle Physics and Universe Sciences (PAPU) include theoretical physics, astronomy and physics (specialization lines of space physics and particle and nuclear physics). PAPU covers theoretical, experimental and observational research fields in elementary particle physics, cosmology, astrophysics, space physics and planetary astrophysics.
The activities of the doctoral programme are concentrated at the Division of Particle Physics and Astrophysics within the department of Physics. Students carry out their research projects in the Department of Physics and many other institutes, e.g. Helsinki Insitute of Physics, the Finnish Meteorological Institute and the Finnish Geodetic Institute.
- A community of 60 doctoral students from Finland and around the world
- Disciplines represented: theoretical, experimental and observational research fields in elementary particle physics, cosmology, astrophysics, space physics and planetary astrophysics
- Tens of expert supervisors with a substantial academic record
- Admissions: five a year – 20 new doctoral students admitted each year
- University-funded doctoral candidate positions: call for applications once a year
- Can I complete my degree in English? Yes, you can!
- Want to know how others did it before you? Browse our recent doctoral theses at the university’s open digital archive.