The Doctoral Programme in Computer Science (DoCS) offers PhD thesis topics and high-quality supervision in several areas of computer science, including algorithmic bioinformatics, algorithms, data analytics, and machine learning, data science, networks and services and software systems.
- A community of 80 doctoral students from Finland and around the world
- Disciplines presented: Algorithmic bioinformatics; Algorithms, data analytics, and machine learning; Data Science; Networks and services; and Software systems
- More than 50 expert supervisors with a substantial academic record
- Admissions: five a year – 15 new doctoral students admitted each year
- University-funded doctoral candidate positions: call for applications once a year
- Can I complete my degree in English? Yes, you can!
- Want to know how others did it before you? Browse our recent doctoral theses at the university’s open digital archive.
Did you know? DoCS is a truly international programme: half of our students come from outside Finland!