The Doctoral Programme in Theology and Religious Studies belongs to the Doctoral School in Humanities and Social Sciences. The programme offers a high-quality training programme and an outstanding environment for research in all theological and religious studies research fields and areas.
- A community of 200 doctoral students from Finland and around the world
- Disciplines represented: Biblical Studies, Church History, Systematic Theology, Comparative Religion, and Practical Theology.
- More than 90 expert supervisors with a substantial academic record
- Admissions: twice a year – 19 new doctoral students admitted each year
- University-funded doctoral candidate positions: call for applications once a year
- You can complete your degree in English, and as part-time studies
- Want to know how others did it before you? Browse our recent doctoral theses at the university’s open digital archive.
Did you know? Our Doctoral Program engages in active international collaboration with the Doctoral Programs in Theology and Religious Studies hosted by the other member universities of the LERU group. This is only one example of the various - both national and international - academic networks our doctoral students benefit from.