The Doctoral Programme of School, Education, Society and Culture (SEDUCE) is an interdisciplinary programme focusing on research fields in the educational sciences. The programme invites applications of both international and national potential doctoral candidates with adequate Master’s degrees. The programme also welcomes teachers, education leaders, reformers, and policymakers who are interested in applying specific educational theories and research methods to meet the challenges of practice within a framework of equality and social justice in education.
- A community of 280 doctoral students from Finland and around the world
- Disciplines represented: educational sciences, special education, adult education, craft studies, subject education, home economics, intercultural communication
- More than 170 expert supervisors with a substantial academic record
- Admissions: twice a year – 28 new doctoral students admitted each year
- Can I complete my degree in English? Yes, you can!
- Want to know how others did it before you? Browse our recent doctoral theses at the university’s open digital archive.
Did you know? The University of Helsinki scores highly in international comparisons of research and teaching in the educational sciences: it is among the leading Nordic and European universities and around the top 50 in the world.