The Doctoral Programme for Language Studies (HELSLANG) covers a wide range of linguistic fields, including various synchronic and diachronic approaches to language, translation studies and language technology.
- A community of 200 doctoral students from Finland and around the world
- A wide array of disciplines and languages
- More than 90 expert supervisors with a substantial academic record
- Admissions: twice a year – 25 new doctoral students admitted each year
- University-funded doctoral candidate positions: call for applications once a year
- Can I complete my degree in English? Yes, you can!
- Want to know how others did it before you? Browse our recent doctoral theses at the university’s open digital archive.
Did you know? University of Helsinki is the home for academic study of many languages and linguistic disciplines that are not offered elsewhere in Finland and are increasingly rare even worldwide.