The Doctoral Programme in Clinical Research at the University of Helsinki is aimed at training professional researchers and academic scientists in the field of clinical medicine. The objective of programme is to ensure that doctoral candidates develop the skills and competence necessary for independent clinical research.
- A community of over 800 doctoral candidates from Finland and around the world
- Research areas are epidemiology, etiology, clinical features, diagnostics, treatment and outcome, prevention and prognosis of diseases
- Admissions: twice a year – 150 new doctoral students admitted each year
- University-funded doctoral candidate positions – call for applications once a year
- You can complete your degree in English!
- Want to know how others did it before you? Browse our recent doctoral theses at the university’s open digital archive
- Did you know? In international comparisons, research in the University of Helsinki ranks among the leading European universities and the top 100 in the world.