Researchers specialised in equality
This list of researchers is not comprehensive, but simply an overview. You can find contact details for all the University of Helsinki staff in our People Finder, and our Research Portal includes even more detailed information about e.g. our researchers' publications and fields of specialisation.
The University’s communications specialists are also happy to help look for our experts.
- education and society, social justice, equality, diversity, education policy, transition of young people, equality work, marketisation
- gender and politics, democracy, policy preparation, political institutions, equality policy
- equality planning, educational institutions, education, equality policy, Act on Equality between Women and Men, Non-Discrimination Act
- professional life, careers, women in executive management positions, management and organisations, gender-based age discrimination, intersectionality, gender-based violence
- professional life, blurring boundaries of work, organisations, emotional labour, aesthetic labour
- diversity of gender and sexuality in education and professional life
- children and adolescents, gender, boys, masculinity, social work and social services, child protection, student welfare services
- fundamental and human rights, discrimination, positive action, National Non-Discrimination and Equality Tribunal of Finland, legislation concerning reproduction (abortion, assisted reproduction techniques, surrogate motherhood, Maternity Act)
- gender health, education, science, feminism, Africa, development
- gender and violence, gender-based violence, sexualised violence, international crisis management, comprehensive security, global political economy, gender-mainstreaming, gender impact assessment
- masculinity and corporeality, media representations of masculinity, metrosexuality, male athletes, gender diversity, queer