Dorota Głowacka, assistant professor
- Information retrieval, exploratory search, reinforcement learning, personalization, interactive search, recommender systems, artificial intelligence, data science, cognitive aspects of artificial intelligence
Jaana Hallamaa, professor
Keijo Heljanko, professor
Antti Honkela, professor
- Machine learning, data science, privacy and machine learning/AI, security of machine learning/AI, AI and health @ahonkela
Aapo Hyvärinen, professor
- Machine learning, computational neuroscience
Eero Hyvönen, research director
Matti Järvisalo, associate professor
- Automated reasoning, optimization, verified AI. Chair of Finnish Artificial Intelligence Society.
Arto Klami, assistant professor
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistical modelling
Mikko Koivisto, professor
- Research and teaching in algorithms and machine learning
Riikka Koulu, apulaisprofessori
- Assistant professor of Social and Legal Implications of AI. Datafication, algorithmisation, and automation of legal practices. AI ethics, policy and regulation. Law and digitalisation, digital access to justice.
Krista Lagus, professor
- Text mining, social data science, machine learning, unsupervised methods, language technology. @KristaLagus
Susanna Lindroos-Hovinheimo, professori
- Data protection, personal data.
Michael Mathioudakis, assistant professor
- Social networks, data science
Petri Myllymäki, professor
- Artificial intelligence methods, machine learning, decision-support systems. Vice-Director, Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence (FCAI), responsibilities include e.g. national and international collaboration between different fields of science and societal sectors. Member of a national group of experts in artificial intelligence and digitalization.
Beata Mäihäniemi, tutkijatohtori
- Post-doc in law and digitalisation, expert on data economy, big data, EU regulation of online platforms, competition law, automated decision-making, GDPR, digitalisation in legal education and professional training.
Valtteri Niemi, professor
Jukka K Nurminen, professor
- Software systems in data-intensive computing, engineering and testing of AI systems, Green AI
Kai Puolamäki, associate professor
- Information retrieval, data mining, data science and machine learning combined with atmospheric sciences @KaiPuo
Teemu Roos, professor
Laura Ruotsalainen, associate professor
- Spatio-temporal data analysis, navigation technologies, GPS interference, computer vision, autonomous systems, drones, AI for sustainability science @lauraruotsa
Tuukka Ruotsalo, academy research fellow
- Information retrieval, recommender systems, cognitive modelling, brain-computer interfaces, physiological computing, interactive information visualization
Anna-Mari Rusanen, university lecturer and principal investigator
- AI philosophy, AI ethics, human-machine cognitive interaction, cognitive science. Lead instructor of the Ethics of AI online course.
Sasu Tarkoma, dean
Hannu Toivonen, professor
- Artificial intelligence (AI), creative AI, creativity, text generation, large language models, GPT, data science, data mining @haba_tt
Aku Visala, academy research fellow
- Theological and religious perspectives on AI, AI and humanity, free will, moral responsibility and AI
Roman Yangarber, associate professor
Indrė Žliobaitė, assistant professor