- Foster interdisciplinary research for optimal use of laboratory/experimental animal
- Provide veterinary pathology expertise for research projects involving animal work
- Provide a timely and cost-effective technical service and expertise in laboratory/experimental animal morphology and pathology
- Train researchers and veterinary pathologists in laboratory/experimental animal pathology
“Laboratory Animal Necropsy or: How to get the most out of your mouse or rat?”
- February 2011, April 2011, May 2013, May 2016
- Course Leader: Giovanni Pellegrini
NOVA course: “Experimental and laboratory animal pathology”
- Course Leader: Anja Kipar
- Teachers: Cory Brayton, Raoul Kuiper, Björn Rozell, James P Stewart and Pernilla Syrjä
Further courses planned: spring 2018
For further information, please contact Jere Lindén (firstname.lastname@example.org).
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING OF VETERINARY PATHOLOGISTS
Laboratory animal experience through FCLAP research projects (supervised by Jere Lindén) and targeted training courses in laboratory/experimental animal pathology
“ECVP-registered residency training programme”
- A residency in preparation for the globally recognised certifying examination of the European College of Veterinary Pathologists (ECVP)
- Provided by Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (programme director: Pernilla Syrjä)
The veterinary pathologists are happy to discuss any scientific project that would benefit from services provided by FCLAP.
- Do you currently undertake projects that could benefit from a more "holistic" approach?
- Are you planning animal experiments that could generate additional in situ or functional data of interest?
- Are you interested in project-applied phenotyping of your genetically modified mice?
- Are you facing unexpected deaths in your animal cohorts?
- Do you want to gain more knowledge on the pathogenic processes in a specific experimental setting?
With "yes", we encourage you to contact us (in English or Finnish) directly to discuss ideas/projects and to obtain further information, via email: Jere Lindén (email@example.com).