Scientific Advisory Board
Established in autumn 2010, the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), consisting of leading international researchers, supports the Faculty of Arts’ research activities.
SAB of the Faculty of Arts 2021–2024
The SAB members visit Helsinki each year and contribute new perspectives from around the world to Finnish humanities research. They also provide valuable feedback on how the research conducted in Helsinki appears to outside observers.
The Scientific Advisory Board comprises the following researchers (1.9.2021–31.8.2024):
- Professor Bernd Kortmann (University of Freiburg, Germany)
- Professor Amanda Vickery (Queen Mary University of London, the United Kingdom)
- Professor Kristin Kuutma (University of Tartu, Estonia)
- Professor Christina Thomsen Thörnqvist (University of Gothenburg, Sweden)
- Professor emeritus Peter Austin (SOAS University of London, the United Kingdom)