Call for papers
We encourage presentations concentrating on the description of specific grammatical structures, as well as wider discussion of the role of typology in grammar-writing.
The presentations may take either a language-specific or a cross-linguistic perspective.
Topics relevant to the conference may include (but are not restricted to) the following issues:
- The challenges of describing a language in its own terms and, at the same time, making it comparable to other languages
- The roles of form and function in conceptualizing and organizing language descriptions
- Challenges of and approaches to describing rare structures
- The position of semantics in grammar writing
- Approaches to variation in language description
- The relation of language and linguistic structure to language ecologies
- The role of corpora in grammar writing
- Challenges and solutions for meeting the diverse needs of typologists, language learners and native speakers when writing a descriptive grammar
Abstracts should be submitted on-line through EasyAbs by September 30, 2018: