Call for papers
Creating Knowledge 2024 - Conference on learning and information literacy in higher education
5-7 June 2024, University of Helsinki
Creating Knowledge 2024 welcomes your proposal for presentation.
The venue of the conference is the Main Building of the University of Helsinki, Finland, 5-7 June 2024. This conference will be live only, with no online participation. With a face-to-face conference, we want to enable personal encounters between participants.
The main theme of the conference is 'Think before you click: Responsibility in the digital information landscape'. We encourage you to interpret the theme broadly and you are welcome to propose a presentation on any aspect of information literacy in the higher education context.
Our keynote speakers cover responsibility in the information literacy landscape from many angles. The following topics are included:
- Artificial Intelligence and Education by Matti Tedre and Henriikka Vartiainen, University of Eastern Finland
- Shifting the Paradigm: Addressing Manipulative Behaviour Instead of Problematic Content by Siim Kumpas, European External Action Service, Eurooean Union
- Human Brains in the Digital Information Landscape - Neuroscience of Learning and Attention by Minna Huotilainen, University of Helsinki, Finland
We invite you to submit your abstracts in these categories:
- Oral presentations (15-20 minutes)
Oral presentations are a familiar conference format, with time for questions in addition to the presentation. This format is suitable, for example, for presenting projects and best practices.
- Interactive workshops (approx. 90 minutes)
In the workshops, participants are actively involved. The goal can be, for example, learning new skills or developing ideas together.
- Teachmeet presentations (5-10 minutes)
Teachmeet is a practical and concise format for sharing teaching tips and experiences.
- Wildcard (suggest for your own presentation type and length)
If you cannot find a format that suits you, you can use the wild card option and suggest something different.
- Call for presentations opens: 1 October 2023
- Call for presentations deadline: 15 January 2024
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 28 February 2024
- Registration opens: 28 February 2024
- Early-bird registration ends: 2 April 2024
- Conference dates: 5-7 June 2024
Please contact the organizers if you have any questions about the conference programme