Creating Knowledge 2024 invites your proposal for a presentation.
The conference will take place at the Main Building of the University of Helsinki, Finland, from 5-7 June 2024. This conference will be conducted in a live format only, with no online participation available. Through this face-to-face event, our aim is to facilitate personal encounters among participants.
The central theme of the conference is 'Think Before You Click: Responsibility in the Digital Information Landscape.' We encourage you to interpret this theme broadly, and you are welcome to propose a presentation covering any aspect of information literacy in the context of higher education.
Our keynote speakers will explore the concept of responsibility within the information literacy landscape from various angles. The following topics are included:
- Artificial Intelligence and Education by Matti Tedre and Henriikka Vartiainen, University of Eastern Finland
- Shifting the Paradigm: Addressing Manipulative Behaviour Instead of Problematic Content by Siim Kumpas, European External Action Service, European Union
- Human Brains in the Digital Information Landscape - Neuroscience of Learning and Attention by Minna Huotilainen, University of Helsinki, Finland
We invite you to submit your abstracts in these categories:
- Oral presentations (15-20 minutes)
Oral presentations are a familiar conference format, with time for questions in addition to the presentation. This format is suitable, for example, for presenting projects and best practices.
- Interactive workshops (approx. 90 minutes)
In the workshops, participants are actively involved. The goal can be, for example, learning new skills or developing ideas together.
- Teachmeet presentations (5-10 minutes)
Teachmeet is a practical and concise format for sharing teaching tips and experiences.
- Wildcard (suggest for your own presentation type and length)
If you cannot find a format that suits you, you can use the 'wild card' option and suggest something different.
The conference programme is entirely in English and abstracts will be submitted in English. The abstract submission form will become available starting on 1 October 2023.
- Call for presentations opens: 1 October 2023
- Call for presentations deadline: 15 January 2024
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 28 February 2024
- Registration opens: 28 February 2024
- Early-bird registration ends: 2 April 2024
- Conference dates: 5-7 June 2024
Please contact the organizers if you have any questions about the conference programme