Practical information for the Atypical Interaction Conference 2019.
We have made reservations at the Töölö Towers in Helsinki.
- Töölö Towers (allotment for the participants of Atypical Interaction Confenrece 2019)
How to make reservations from allotment ” Atypical Interaction conference” in Töölö Towers from 16th to 20th of June 2019:
- Send your reservation to email@example.com latest 10th of May 2019.
- Inform guest name.
- Inform arrival and departure dates (check-in 15.00 on day of arrival, check-out 11.00 noon on day of departure).
- Inform that you wish to make a reservation from the allotment ” Atypical Interaction conference”.
- Allotment size is 20 single rooms and 1 one-bedroom flat.
- Reservations can be made until 10th of May 2019. Reservation will be confirmed upon availability in the allotment, wait for confirmation.
- The prices will be confirmed by the end of 2018.
- We require credit card details, after you have made the booking you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail from Mews systems (sender Töölö Towers). Please fill out your profile including credit card details. We will make a preauthorization of the first night and if it is successful you will receive a final confirmation with arrival instructions.
Here are some other hotels (and one hostel), which are all just a short walk away from the University of Helsinki and the conference venue:
- GLO Hotel Kluuvi
- Radisson Blu Plaza
- Cumulus Kaisaniemi
- Hotel Arthur
- Original Sokos Hotel Helsinki
The My Helsinki website has lots more options in and around Helsinki that will also suit all budgets.
There's lots to see and do in Helsinki, all year round. In June the days are long and the weather usually very pleasant. However, do prepare for the occassional rain shower!
To plan your visit, please check out My Helsinki.
Helsinki can easily be reached from anywhere in the world. Helsinki-Vantaa Airport is the main airport of Finland. The airport is situated 19 kilometers (approx. 25 minutes) from the centre of Helsinki. Helsinki can also be reached by train, bus or ferry.
Train to & from the airport
The train connection between Helsinki city centre and Helsinki Airport takes about 30 minutes. There are two services: train I and train P. Schedules, ticket prices and routes are available at HSL website.
At the airport you can buy a train ticket from the following spots:
- HSL ticket automats (by the entrance of the train station; at baggage claim 2B)
- Alepa Grocery Store (T2 Arrivals Hall 2B)
- WH Smith (T1 Departure Hall)
- WH Smith (T2 Departure Hall)
- R-kioski (T2 Arrivals Hall 2A)
- Tourist information (T2 Arrivals Hall 2A)
Please note that it is not possible to buy a ticket on the train.
The entrance to the train station is in the corridor between the terminals.
Buses to & from the airport
The Finnair City Bus operate between Helsinki Railway Station and the airport.
The bus 615 also serves the airport.
Bus stops at Helsinki Airport
The bus stops for both arriving and departing buses are located in front of the terminals.
Taxis at Helsinki Airport
A journey by taxi from the airport to the centre of Helsinki takes about 30 minutes and costs around 45 to 50 euros. The taxi stands are located right outside the arrival areas of the terminals.
In the city centre
Public transport is easy to use in Helsinki, even if you’re not familiar with the city.
You can travel with single tickets (Helsinki internal or regional) or with a tourist ticket (Helsinki internal or regional). Single tickets can be purchased from the driver and from ticket machines.
For more information please visit: https://www.hsl.fi/en/tickets-and-fares
Day tickets for unlimited use on public transport (metro, train, tram, bus, ferry service) are sold e.g. Helsinki City Transport service point in the Central Railway Station or R-kioski stores.