Call for papers
Atypical interaction Conference AIC2019: Resources and Challenges in participation
It is our great pleasure to invite you to the Atypical Interaction Conference, AIC2019, to be held in Helsinki, Finland from 17th to 19th June 2019.
The aim of the conference is to gather together researchers interested in the study of atypical interaction. The conference especially aims to advance research, which uses Conversation Analysis (CA) to investigate naturally occurring social interactions involving participants with communication impairment. Studies on developmental and clinical interactions are also welcome. In contrast to the research focusing on individual’s impairments, interactional research has the potential to reveal the collaboration and resources of the participants who are interacting.
With the theme "Resources and Challenges in Participation," we invite presentations that "describe and analyze the practices through which different kind of parties build social action together by participating in structured ways in the events" (Goodwin & Goodwin 2004). As a multidisciplinary research field, we would like to welcome all those with interest in asymmetrical or atypical interaction. We accept papers, posters, and data sessions. Abstract Submission is now open.
Abstract submission deadline: November, 30th, 2018
Notification of acceptance: February 28th, 2019
Early bird registration closes: March 15th, 2019
Regular registration closes: May 1st, 2019
Confirmed plenary speakers are:
Michael Clarke, University College London, U.K.
Douglas W. Maynard, University of Madison-Wisconsin, U.S.
Charlotta Plejert, Linköping University, Sweden
We warmly welcome you to the AIC2019 in Helsinki!
On behalf of the organizing committee,
Anu Klippi, Minna Laakso & Camilla Lindholm
Abstract Submission Instructions
Abstract Submissions are accepted only electronically by using the on-line submission system.
To start the submission, create a new account and make sure to give your valid email address. You can choose your own password. Please remember the password for future log in. Further instructions are given as you proceed with your submission.
Accepted contributions will be presented either as oral presentations or posters (+ data session?) according to the decision of the Scientific Committee. Acceptance of the abstract is subject to acceptance by the Scientific Committee and the Committee has all rights to accept or reject the abstract.
Authors will be notified of acceptance of their contributions and the type of presentation (oral, poster or data session) by February 15, 2019 (subject to changes).
All accepted abstracts will be published on the Conference app and the Conference webpages, subject to the author’s confirmation of presenting the paper and registering as a paid delegate. The accepted abstracts will be published as typed by the author, including any errors in grammar, spelling or scientific facts.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact the congress secretariat directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Abstract Submission
The title should be typed in using small letters, title starting with a capital letter, and should not exceed 15 words. Do NOT type the full title in capital letters.
The title should clearly define the topic.
Authors and Affiliations
Please fill in the author details as requested on the form. The compulsory details are: Affiliation (organization), Country, First name and Last name. Kindly mark only one author as the presenter. In the affiliation field if an author has more than 1 affiliation please separate the affiliation with a comma (e.g. 1,2,3). Please do not add a space after the comma.
Body of the abstract
The maximum size of the abstract is 350 words. The 350 word limit does not include the title or author details of the abstract; the limit is for the actual text of the abstract. The abstract must be written in English. The abstract should contain the objective of the study, methods, results and conclusions.
Terms and conditions
In submitting an abstract all presenters agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I confirm that each author / presenter listed agree with the content of this abstract and has given permission to be listed as an author / presenter.
- I have checked the accuracy of the information and referencing within this abstract.
- I understand that should my abstract be accepted for presentation, I am required to complete a conference registration. I understand that my abstract will not be published until my registration and full payment has been received.
- I hereby provide permission for the Organisers and Committee of the Conference to publish my abstract in their chosen format
- I understand that my abstract will be published, if accepted, as submitted and that no editing to grammar or spelling will be undertaken by the Organising Committee.
1. Please log in to the abstract submission page. If you have created an account please use your passwords. If you are logging in for the first time please select the Create New Account –option. Kindly notice that only abstracts submitted using the on-line system can be accepted.
1. Fill in your e-mail address and your preferred password. Click Create New Account.
2. Click Update Contact Information and then Create Contact
2. Please select Abstract Submission from the top of the page.
3. Please fill in the requested details:
1. Type in the title according to the instructions given
2. Choose the presentation type you would prefer
3. Fill in the author details
5. Type your abstract to the text field.
6. Preview your abstract and click Continue
7. Accept the terms and conditions and then submit your abstract by clicking Submit
At any time in the process you can click the Save As Draft button to save your incomplete submission and return to it later. You can edit – until the submission deadline - the draft version of your abstract. Once you have clicked “Submit” you can no longer edit your abstract.
The deadline for abstract submission is November 30, 2018.
After this date you can no longer submit or edit an abstract.