If you are interested in giving a talk, please send a brief email to email@example.com with your proposed title and a short (one paragraph) abstract. To fit the time constraints, the organizers may need to limit the number of contributed talks.
The workshop will start in the afternoon of the 21st of August. Note that the 28th Nordic Congress of Mathematicians (https://ncm28.math.aalto.fi) that takes place also in Espoo ends before lunch of the same day. The workshop will end in the afternoon of the 23rd of August.
Sunday, 21 August
- 14:50 Opening words (Lauri Hella)
- 15:00 Plenary (Chair: Lauri Hella), Jouko Väänänen: How finite model theory came to Finland and what happened next?
- 16:00 Coffee break (30 min)
Session on Model Counting (Chair: Anuj Dawar)
- 16:30 Johann Makowsky: The Specker-Blatter Theorem on modular recurrence relations.
- 17:30 Antti Kuusisto: Model counting for first-order fragments
- 18:15-20:15 Sauna
- 19:15-21.15 Evening food (anytime during the interval)
Monday, 22 August
- 09:00 Plenary (Chair: Jouko Väänänen), Phokion Kolaitis: On the Expressive Power of Homomorphism Counts
- 10:00 Coffee break (30 min)
Session on expressivity (Chair: Phokion Kolaitis)
- 10:30 Lauri Hella: The expressive power of CSP quantifiers
- 11:00 Kerkko Luosto: Applying dimension concepts to team semantics
- 11:30 Miikka Vilander: Defining long words succinctly in FO and MSO
- 12:00 Lunch (1.5h)
- Collaboration (1h) Two rooms: Propeller and Blixtlås on the second floor.
Session on metafinite models (Chair: Miika Hannula)
- 14:30 Jonni Virtema: Blum-Shub-Smale machines and metafinite model theory
- 15:00 Timon Barlag: Logical characterization of algebraic circuits over rings
- 15:30 Coffee break (30 min)
Session on enumeration and random graphs (Chair: Jonni Virtema)
- 16:00 Anselm Haak: Enumerating teams in first-order team logics
- 16:30 Simi Haber: Logical and natural properties of random graphs
- 17:00 Free time/Collaboration (2h) Two rooms: Propeller and Blixtlås on the second floor.
- 19.00 Dinner
Tuesday, 23 August
- 09:00 Plenary: (Chair: Juha Kontinen), Anuj Dawar: Bijection Games: Variations on a Theme
Session on games (Chair: Juha Kontinen)
- 10:00 Joni Puljujärvi: Compact model theory and metric Ehrenfeucht-Fraïssé games
- 10:30 Coffee break (30 min)
Session on Galois connections and query answering (Chair: Antti Kuusisto)
- 11:00 Harsh Beohar: Hennessy-Milner Theorems via Galois Connections
- 11:30 Esko Turunen: Galois Connections in Many-valued Logic Applications
- 12:00 Miika Hannula: Consistent query answering with primary and foreign keys
- 12:30 Closing words (Lauri Hella)
- 12:45 Lunch (1.5h)