The Aleksanteri Institute strives to promote the development of Finnish research in the field of Russian and Eastern European Studies. Aleksanteri Institute cultivates domestic and international research networks and encourage dialogue with other actors of the Finnish society. Institutes scholars are successfully carrying out innovative research projects with a variety of domestic and international funding sources.
The approach is multidisciplinary and comparative, and follows the six focus areas determined in our research policy:
- Political system: regimes, governance, and law
- Culture, values, and intellectual histories
- Climate change and environment
- Transnational security
- Innovations and drivers of economic development
- Social stratification, inequality and welfare policy