The Centre for Research on Ethnic Relations and Nationalism, Ceren, maintains the thematic network Ethnic Relations, Migration and Belonging at the Swedish School of Social Science. Ceren carries out research on a broad range of topics in the field of ethnic relations and nationalism, including migration and integration, the politics of diversity and linguistic minorities.
Ceren organizes regularly seminars and events on current topics in the field of migration and ethnic relations. The research at Ceren tries to contribute to the public debate and researchers participate actively in both national and international networks. Ceren also coordinates the Master’s Degree Programme in Ethnic Relations, Cultural Diversity and Integration (ERI).
Ceren was established in 1998 at the Swedish School of Social Science at the University of Helsinki.
- University Lecturer Gwenaëlle Bauvois
- Academy Research Fellow Suvi Keskinen
- Academy Research Fellow Camilla Nordberg
- Docent Paul Van Aerschot
- Post Doctoral Researcher Sanna Saksela-Bergholm
- Post Doctoral Researcher Rolle Alho
- Post Doctoral Reasearcher Niko Pyrhönen
- Doctoral Student Rūta Kazlauskaitė-Gürbüz
- Doctoral Student Tobias Pötzsch
- Doctoral Student Karin Creutz
- Doctoral Student Peter Holley
- Visiting Researcher Alemanji Amikeng Atabong
- Grant Researcher Minna Seikkula
- Grant Researcher Markus Himanen
- Grant Researcher I-An Gao