Urban meteorology news (latest year)
Get to know our latest activities!
- 9 February 2023: Paper Simulating heat and CO2 fluxes in Beijing using SUEWS V2020b: Sensitivity to vegetation phenology and maximum conductance by Zheng et al. now in discussion in GMD: https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-2022-305
- 15 January 2023: Media interview of Minttu Havu and Leena Järvi in newspaper article Kaupunkipuiden istuttaminen luokin uuden päästölähteen hiilinielun sijaan (Planting street creates new source over carbon sink) in Helsingin Sanomat, https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000009234616.html
- 3 January 2023: Paper Effect of radiation interaction and aerosol processes on ventilation and aerosol concentrations in a real urban neighborhood in Helsinki by Strömberg et al. now under discussion to ACP, https://doi.org/10.5194/egusphere-2022-978
- 22 November 2022: Group leader Leena Järvi has opinion writing Kaupunkiluonnon hiilinieluja pitää vahvistaa (The carbon sinks of urban nature need to be strengthened) in Helsingin Sanomat, https://www.hs.fi/mielipide/art-2000009205854.html
- 9 November 2022: Leena Järvi acted as panel discussion member in Systematic observation of greenhouse gases (GHG) to support climate action in cities and regions in COP27 held on Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt
- 8 August 2022: Omar Al-Jaghbeer has joined the group to work together with Alan in AIforLessAuto
- 1 Apr 2022: Pak (Alan) Lun Fung has joined the group to work with the AIforLessAuto project
- 31 Mar 2022: Paper by Nicolini et al on the effect of COVID-19 lockdowns to CO2 emissions now published
- 18 Mar 2022: Paper by Filioglou et al on winds over Helsinki now published
- 14 Feb 2022: Paper by Sasu Karttunen now under discussion in ATM: https://amt.copernicus.org/preprints/amt-2021-428/
- 8 Feb 2022: Paper on urban water storage utilising also FI-Kmp data now out by Jongen et al
- 23 Nov 2021: Leena Järvi interviewed for news article "Puut viilentävät Euroopan kaupunkeja, kadunvarren puu voi sitoa jopa enemmän hiiltä kuin metsässä kasvava", Helsingin sanomat
- 18 Sep 2021: Yingqi Zheng joined the group as visiting doctoral student for one year to work with SUEWS modelling in Beijing. Welcome!
- 15 Sep 2021: PhD Nahid Atashi started her postdoc in the group in the CousCOUS project. Welcome!
- 5 Sep 2021: The group leader Leena Järvi was awarded the Timothy Oke Award for her work in urban climate. Congrats!
- 5-6 Sep 2021: The group is participating to the kick-off meeting of H2020 project RI-URBANs and plan how to improve our understanding on urban dispersion and furthermore improve the description of urban emissions
- 1 Sep 2021: PhD candidate Michael Lee joint to work our group in the CarboCity and CO-CARBON projects. Welcome!
- 10 Aug 2021: Leena Järvi interviewed for news article "Talvi on erottanut Helsingin Keski-Euroopan kaupunkien ilmastosta, mutta siihen on luvassa muutos – Näihin ilmiöihin Helsingissä on varauduttava", Helsingin sanomat
- 2 Apr 2021: PhD Joyson Ahongshangbam joined the group to work in the CO-CARBON project. Welcome!
Find more about INAR related news from here.