News & Events
See the latest news and events from our lab.
- 25.04.2023 – Sinem receives a 1-year research grant from Diabetes Research Foundation
- 15.03.2023 – Sinem receives a 3-year research grant from Sigrid Jusélius Foundation
- 06.03.2023 – Sinem receives research funding from Magnus Ehrnrooth Foundation
- 16.01.2023 – Madeleine receives research funding from Finska Läkaresällskapet, congratulations Madeleine!
- 14.11.2022 – Madeleine receives a 3-year salaried position from Doctoral Programme in Integrative Life Sciences, congratulations Madeleine!
- 07.11.2022 – Yelin receives a 2-year salaried position from Doctoral Programme in Biomedicine, congratulations Yelin!
- 25.10.2022 – Satu's image winning 3rd prize in Nikon Small World Photo Microscopy competition finds a place in the related article on National Geographics! Congratulations Satu! Original article \ In German \ In French
- 24.10.2022 – Satu's intestine blood vessel image winning 3rd prize in Nikon Small World Photo Microscopy competition gets a mention in Iltalehti. Congratulations Satu! (In Finnish) Read the article
- 15.10.2022 – Sinem gives an invited talk at Bioinfocongress III organized by Bioinforange Link to congress book
- 11.10.2022 – Satu's intestine blood vessel image wins 3rd prize, and diaphragm blood vessel image wins Image of Distinction (IOD) in Nikon Small World Photo Microscopy competition. Congratulations Satu! Link to 3rd place Link to IOD
- 24.05.2022 – Sinem gives an invited talk about adipose tissue at the YUM6 meeting, Uppsala, Sweden.
- 19.03.2022 – Madeleine receives funding from Nylands Nation for the first year of her PhD studies.
- 07.03.2022 – Our Combodel paper is featured on the cover of Journal of Experimental Medicine March 2022 issue! See issue
- 07.03.2022 – Sinem gives an invited talk at the EnVI Lab (INSERMU1096) University of Rouen about VEGFR interactions.
- 01.03.2022 – Our Combodel paper is featured on European Vascular Biology Organization (EVBO) Publication Highlight for February 2022! Read highlight
- 23.02.2022 – Sinem gives a Bioscience Research Group Seminar at University of Hertfordshire.
- 27.01.2022 – Pin Li & Napoleone Ferrara highlight the major findings of our Combodel paper Read editorial
- 22.12.2021 – Combodel paper is accepted for publication Journal of Experimental Medicine!
- 04.12.2021 – Sinem talks about her career steps and current research interests - "ITU Journal Talks" (in Turkish only). See flyer Watch video
- 01.12.2021 – Satu's photos get 2nd place in EVBO photo competition! Congratulations Satu!
- 24.06.2021 – Satu receives a research grant for her PhD studies.
- 26.05.2021 – Sinem is moderating the EVBO seminar this week! See flyer
- 12.05.2021 – Madeleine receives funding for her MSc studies from Studiefonden.
- 07.05.2021 – Yelin & Sinem receive an EDUFI fellowship for Yelin's PhD studies.
- 05.05.2021 – Satu receives a research grant from Emil Aaltonen Foundation.
- 27.04.2021 – Our research is highlighted on the European Vascular Biology Organization (EVBO) website! Read more
- 27.04.2021 – Sinem receives a research grant from Diabetes Research Foundation.
- 28.03.2021 – New interview! Listen to Sinem's discussion with Dr. Yalgin about obesity, vasculature and doing research in Finland (in Turkish only) - Watch video
- 19.03.2021 – Madeleine receives funding for her MSc studies from University of Helsinki.
- 13.03.2021 – Madeleine receives funding for her MSc studies from Nylands Nation.
- 26.02.2021 – Sinem has presented at the EVBO seminar (Young Investigator Spotlight) - See flyer
- 14.12.2020 – Our first publication is out! Congratulations to our group members - See paper
- 04.12.2020 – Sinem receives a research grant from the Paulo Foundation.