Our technology platform can cater to all aspects of nanomaterials synthesis, functionalization, formulation, characterization and biological evaluation, e.g., nanosafety/nanotoxicity, and targetability and efficacy of nanoparticles using several in vitro cell lines.
We offer services on preclinical testing of different nanomaterials.
Services include but are not limited to:
Formulation and synthesis of nanomaterials:
- Synthesis of monodisperse and high-loading drug degree by microfluidics technique (polymeric-based nanoparticles and nanocrystals) in industrial amounts for preclinical testing.
- Testing and development of drug loading methods for nanoparticles.
- Surface biofunctionalization (e.g., peptides and antibodies) of the nanomaterials for targeting applications (cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases).
- Design and synthesis of polymersomes for sustained drug delivery.
- Development of multifunctional nanodelivery systems for targeting, and combination drug therapy and bio-imaging
Characterization of nanocarriers:
- Structural and morphological characterization of nanofomulations (e.g., DLS and zeta-potential).
- Colloidal stability of nanoparticle suspensions.
- Physical stability of loaded drug carriers (DSC and XRD).
- Nanoparticle–drug interaction studies (FTIR and DSC).
Materials and production techniques:
- Nanocrystals and inorganic nanomaterials (nanoporous silica/silicon) drug nanocarriers.
- Microfluidics using glass capillaries.
- In vitro (and possibly in vivo) imaging of nanomaterials.
- In vitro USP-based dissolution analysis of nanoformulations.
- HPLC drug loading and release studies.
- Cytotoxicity assays to test all biological responses of drug-based nanoformulations.
- Cellular testing of the nanomaterials–cells interactions, including uptake, proliferation and intracellular drug delivery.
- Permeability drug studies across cell-based monolayers.
Projects are tailored to fit your specific needs, executed by our skilled staff and are charged on a case by case basis. For more information on the services provided, please contact Dr. Santos.