SPOTLIGHTERS - Illuminating student paths to resilience with the science of stress
SPOTLIGHTERS is a project that aims to inform educators and students of the potential long-terms effects of stress and provides them with the competences to reduce these potential complications from arising
. The project brings together experts in the fields of neuroscience, teacher development, and education technology and is funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union. It runs from September 2018 until August 2021.
The key outputs are:
- Spotlighters - The Science of Stress Student Lessons – A set of three classroom lessons helping students recognize the physiological signs of stress, identify potential stressors, and plan and practice self-regulatory responses.
- Spotlighters - The Science of Stress Teacher Workshops - A set of two workshops that teach educators how to deliver the Spotlighters Student Lessons and contribute to the development of their teaching practices.
- Spotlight – Teaching Support Tool - A web-based application for educators to use in their classrooms that functions to support teachers in helping students transition into an active learning state and manage their stress..
- Spotlighters - The Science of Stress MOOC – A massive open online course (MOOC) helping students recognize the physiological signs of stress, identify potential stressors, and plan and practice self-regulatory responses. The MOOC complements the classroom lessons.
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain: Marc Beardsley and Milica Vujovic
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain: Marta Portero
- Advancis, Portugal: Ana Silveira
- University of Western Macedonia, Greece: Tharrenos Bratitsis and Michalis Ioannou
- LOOP.BZ, Denmark: Mads Lynge Clauson-Kaas and Mie Guldbæk Brøns
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland: Hannu Markkanen and Eveliina Holmgren
- University of Helsinki, Finland: Minna Huotilainen and Vilhelmiina Harju
Facebook, project websites, #spotlighterseu
News and Events: