Meet the people behind our science.
Matjaž received hir PhD in Molecular Biology from University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, and did his graduate work and postdoctoral training on controlling Pol II elongation with 7SK snRNP and P-TEFb with B. Matija Peterlin at University of California, San Francisco, USA. Read more on his work here. In his free time, he is doing the laundry.
Programme in Biomedicine
Zhijia received his Masters degree in Bioengineering from Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China for his studies of heart development and myogenesis in mice. His research focuses on how CDK12/CycK kinase regulates gene expression to enable genome integrity. In his free time, he is an avid consumer of NBA.
Tina received her PhD in Molecular Biology from University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, and did her postdoctoral training on the transcriptional form of HIV-1 latency with B. Matija Peterlin at University of California, San Francisco, USA. Her research focuses on understanding how local topology of Pol II transcription machinery couples gene transcription with maturation of nascent RNA. In her free time, she practices atheism.
- Ashwini Kumar, Ph.D. (has graduated at FIMM, Helsinki, Finland)
- Kingsley Mokube Ekumi, M.Sc.
- Petra Kukanja, B.Sc. (now a doctoral student in Gonçalo Castelo-Branco lab at Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Alexandre JC Quaresma, Ph.D. (now at State University of Campinas - Unicamp, Brazil)
- Neja Sirc, B.Sc. (now a Masters student in TRANSMED at Univeristy of Helsinki, Finland)
- Andrii Bugai, Ph.D. (now a postdoctoral fellow in Torben H. Jensen lab at Aarhus University, Denmark)